Monday, June 13, 2011

Dive day 2 in Manado








Today was a beautiful day for scuba diving. Overcast and breezy. 2 less passengers on today's excursion, my mother and aunt. The other seasickers took some Dramamine and were great. I took pictures today with an underwater camera. The next time I see and underwater photo, I will know how hard it was to capture the photo. Imagine trying to take a picture of a moving object that is afraid of "you", trying not to move while bubbles are coming out of your mouth and a little current pushing you along. But the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. Hopefully I will have some good ones.

One of the most important rules learned in our scuba lessons was "do not touch" unless you are sure it's safe. They don't even want you to touch the coral, due to many great efforts to preserve it's ecosystems. I am honestly afraid the coral will move and I will freak out under water! Well I accident touched some "fire" coral. The name actually implies how it will make your skin feel! Treatment is ammonia. If you are on a ship that means urine or menthol works, too. My arms and face were so red and literally felt on fire! And remember the rule says don't touch unless you are sure it's safe. Well, Nemo is on the do not touch list. My crazy cousin thought she could just scoop him out of his anemone. Well he bit her wrist! It actually drew blood. So we go again tomorrow for our last dive here. Then off to Bali for one day then more diving in Phuket, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment