Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scuba lessons

So about a month ago my mom says "Do you want to go scuba diving?" I say sure but I think we have to be certified. Her brother wants to make plans for us to go diving but needs to make reservations.  He says there is a class and you can do it when we get there. So yesterday for the 1st class.
Scuba lesson 1:  4 hours of instruction  with 2 videos and 2 tests.  Results: Jenny and Brandi about to fall asleep at 7pm from severe jetlag.
Scuba lesson 2:  3 hour pool lesson, 4 hours of instruction with 2 video and 2 tests. Results: Jenny and Brandi viewing the bottom of 15 foot deep public pool...and total exhaustion!
Tomorrow and last day: back to pool at 6:30am to do diving test and final exam.
This certificate may be my prized possession from this journey! 
Who knew there was so much information to scuba dive. 

Everyone else is good. Grace swam today while we had scuba instruction. She also had a cheese pizza from Pizza Hut! It looked like the real thing and better yet my girl ate the whole pizza between lunch and dinner.  I packed so much stuff in my suitcases, I started to forget what I was bringing and why.  Well in my packing rampage, I forgot hydrocortisone creme.  Did you know they don't sell it here, in a country that's full of mosquitos!!!! So we have resorted to home remedy items with my friend google.  Trying aloe vera tonight. If that doesn't work, next is a paste made from witch hazel and baking soda. Leave me a message if you have any ideas with stuff that's available here.
Off to finish the first book of my trip...Heaven is for real.  A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE!

Stay tuned to see if Jenny and Brandi become certified scuba divers!

No comments:

Post a Comment